This article is from the Recipes Collection, by numerous authors posting those to Usenet. The recipes cover various cuisines and a wide variety of topics, such as appetisers, breads, desserts, entrees, sauces-toppings, side-dishes, etc.). You don't need any cookbooks anymore, as there are hundreds of recipes to choose from.
posted by Kay Dekker <email@example.com>
Easy. Takes <1 hour.
* 3 large heads broccoli
* 3 good vegetable stock cubes or powder
* 1 rounded tbs grainy French mustard
* 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (or other good nutty oil)
* 1/2 tsp (scant) powdered mace
* 1 pt milk
* 1 oz butter
* 1 small handful peeled blanched and split almonds.
Trim the broccoli. Cut into small chunks and steam or boil in a very
little water until tender. Reduce to a rough puree. Put in a pan with
the remaining ingredients except the almonds and simmer gently for the
flavours to incorporate. Adjust thickness with water or milk, adjust
Spread the flaked almonds on kitchen foil and grill until mid-brown.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with toasted almonds.