This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
1/2 c Ground Turkey
1/4 c Cilantro, chopped
1/4 c Green onions, chopped
2 tb Mole sauce
1/8 ts Salt
2 Puff pastery sheets
1 Egg, beaten with 2 T water
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes [Note: serving size is the number of peices this recipe will yield, not the number of people it will serve. ]
1. Combine filling ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. If necessary, roll out puff pastery slightly to be able to cut 12 3-inch circles from each sheet using a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.
4. Place 1 T of filling on half of a puff pastry circle. Brush entire edge of circle with egg mixture. Fold pastry over yo form half-moon and grimp edges clsed with a fork. Repeat with ther rest of the circles.
5. Brush pstreis with remaining egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 10
minutes. [Another Note: I assume the ground turkey is "Cooked Turkey" ground up, not the hamburger like stuff you get in the stores. ] This is another one of those recipes from the Chicago Tribune Magazine (11/14/93). This one provided by "Entertaining Co. " as part of the menu for a cocktail party for 100 hosted by a business executive thanking her clients at her home in Chicago.
From: Bud Cloyd