This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
2 T Vegetable oil
2 lb Lean ground beef round
2 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
6 t To 8 t chili powder
15 oz Can tomato sauce
1 lb Frankfurters, cut into 1/4-inch rounds Hamburger buns
1. In a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole heat oil in Microwave Oven 2 minutes.
2. Crumble meat into hot oil and heat, uncovered, 7 1/2 minutes, breaking up meat particles frequently. Cook until all red has gone out of meat.
3. Drain off excess fat.
Stir in salt, pepper, chili powder and tomato sauce.
5. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until heated through.
6. Add frankfurter rounds and heat, uncovered, an additional
4 minutes or until frankfurters are hot.
7. Spoon Sloppy Joe mixture over hamburger buns. (Buns may be toasted conventionally, if desired. )