This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
2 lb Boned chicken breasts
1/3 c Soy sauce
1 tb Sugar
1 ts Salt
1/8 ts Pepper
1/4 ts Garlic powder
1/4 ts Ground ginger
2 Green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 8 oz Can mushroom caps, drained
3 tb Honey
1. Remove skin from chicken breasts and cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a large bowl combine soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, sugar and ginger; stir to combine.
3. Add chicken pieces and toss lightly to coat pieces well.
4. Alternate chicken pieces, green peppers and mushroom caps on wooden skewers. Reserve soy sauce mixture.
5. Combine honey with reserved liquid.
6. Brush each kabob liberally with the mixture.
7. Place kabobs in a single layer in a shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish.
8. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 to
9 minutes turning kabobs occasionally until chicken is cooked and green peppers are tender.
9. Kabobs may be served either hot or cold.