This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
2 md Grapefruit
4 t Dark brown sugar
2 t Butter or margarine
4 Maraschino cherries
1. Cut each grapefruit in half crosswise. Remove any pits and cut around each section with a sharp knife.
2. Sprinkle each grapefruit with 1 teaspoon sugar.
3. Dot each half with 1/2 teaspoon of butter. Place grapefruit halves on a paper plate.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes.
5. Garnish each half with a maraschino cherry.
6. Serve hot.