Here you can find articles that will teach you how to improve your
health and have a better life.
- Allergies: How To Prevent And Treat Them
- In spring each year millions of people suffer from allergies and let's find out about the variety of allergies, the symptoms and causes and what you can do about it.
- Chemical-Free Bodycare
- Everyone hopes to have a perfect body but unfortunately no matter what we do, it just never seems perfect. You feel too fat, your nose or breasts are too large or too small, your skin is too dry, you are either too tall or short: the problems are never ending. That's why plastic surgeons can't keep up with the demand. Perhaps it is not your body but your attitude that is not perfect...
- Heart Problems and Prevention
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading health problem in the Western
world. It is the number one cause of death in the United States
(Canada is following suit), claiming over one million lives
annually. An estimated 50 million Americans are afflicted with heart
and blood vessel disease, although many are unaware of it because they
show no symptoms.
- Essential vs. Fragrance Oils. Part 1: What is a Pure Essential
- While Canadians are familiar with synthetic fragrance oils, by and
large, they have little or no knowledge about therapeutic health
benefits of genuine, pure essential oils. Unlike North America, in
Europe, high quality botanical plant derived essential oils are
prescribed for internal use by medical doctors in hospitals. In the
last decade essential oils have become a popular item, sold
everywhere, which raises the question, 'Does the consumer really know
what they are getting?'
- Essential Versus Fragrance Oils. Part 2: The Hazards of Scents
- Fragrance oils are combinations
of synthetically manufactured chemicals designed to 'mimic' the
aroma of natural materials. Far from 'natural', 95% of the
chemicals found in these oils are synthetic compounds derived from
petroleum, and include chemicals such as benzene derivatives,
aldehydes, and others capable causing cancer, birth defects,
central nervous system disorders (CNS) and allergic
reactions. Today, fragrances are marketed to an unsuspecting
public who think that these scents are 'natural'. Even unscented
and fragrance-free products can contain masking scents to 'mask'
the smell of other ingredients
- Fragrance: A Growing Health and Environmental Hazard. Part 1
- Fragrance Chemical Exposure Is Hazardous To Everyone!
- Fragrance: A Growing Health and Environmental Hazard. Part 2
- Intentional Fragrance Exposure in Public Places
- How To Prevent High Blood Pressure
- Three out of ten people in North America who have high blood pressure
don't know they have it. Of those who do know, about seven out of
every ten people don't have their blood pressure under control. If you
have no idea what your blood pressure is, ask your health care
practitioners inclusive registered licensed Lifeblood Analysists to
check it. A high blood pressure reading means your heart is working
harder than it should to pump blood, and your arteries are
stressed. That's risky. If you don't lower your blood pressure...
- Health Canada Is Restricting Your Options
Traditional medicine, based on body, mind and spirit, preventing
disease and treating disease by diagnosing the cause has been here for
centuries. Just look at the Ayurvedic medicine from India with a
history of almost 6000 years, traditional Chinese medicine with
thousands of years and Aboriginal medicine (the medicine man) from
around the world. Even today according to Chris Kilham, the medicine
hunter, www.medicinehunter.com over five billion people on the Globe
are using herbal remedies for healing.
- The Miraculous Neem: Klaus Ferlow's Personal Story
- This is Klaus Ferlow's own
personal story about the healing power for psoriasis of the
Miraculous NEEM TREE from India
- Nutrition: Increase Awareness to Increase Health
- Many of the diseases we are
dying from today, including heart disease, cancer, and type 2
diabetes, are directly linked to a processed diet.
- Liquid Herbal Tinctures - How Safe And Effective Are They?
- It is interesting to note that there are only a handful of herbal
tincture manufacturers in North America, but you have many companies
manufacturing herbal products in capsules. Why is that? The simple
answer is money. Most large Corporation are interested to create
products in large volumes in the shortest possible time with the
lowest cost prices and the highest selling price and the highest
profits for their share holders. It is therefore understandable
- Spring Cleansing and Detoxifying
- The spring time is the perfect time for cleansing and detoxifying your
body to get in back into shape. Detoxifying medicine is an ancient
concept that appears as part of many health-care systems around the
- Color Power: Color Healing
- We are all drawn more toward certain
colours than others, usually as a result of personal experiences
associated with the relevant hue. Consciously or sub consciously -
colour affects us and those around us in many ways. Being drawn to a
certain shade on a particular day - be it the food we eat or the
clothes we wear - usually means that our being is in need of this
particular colour. It is no accident that phrases like seeing red or
feeling blue and blues music have become common in our language.
Colour and sound vibrations affect our daily lives and can also be
used to heal us.
- Safe and Healthy Bike Seats For Men and Women
- We make kids wear helmets and
knee pads...but no one thinks about protecting the crotch.
- How To Avoid Heart Problems
- Heart disease can be prevented
even if there is a strong tendency for heart problems in the
- The Difference Between Intuition and Imagination
Ahh, this is such a puzzle and one of great debate. When you first
delve into discovering and playing with your inner senses and the
realm beyond, you probably discount anything that you receive and
attribute it to your imagination running wild. And rightly so,
- Is it Bad Luck Why Some People Do Not Heal?
Why is it that some people readily heal from emotional or mental
conditions or from chronic illnesses or disease, while others never
seem to improve no matter what they try? Some may shake their head in
despair, shrug their shoulders in bewilderment and blame it on being
burdened with bad luck.
- Healing on a Vibrational Level
- Every living thing has energy?. is energy. Imbalance in the body or
illness is blocked energy. To regain balance and overcome illness,
whether physical or emotional in nature, we must rebalance the energy
in the body and in the layers of energy surrounding the body so that
it is flowing properly again.
- How to Release Unwanted Stress
- Here is a topic that is talked about by many, but is treated as being
highly under-rated, usually ignored and sneered at by non-believers.
Most people do not like to admit to defeat and will continuously push
themselves to their limit. In hindsight they presume themselves to be
emotionally, mentally and physically strong enough to...
- Be Pro-active in Your Own Healing Process
- In order for complete healing to occur on all levels - mentally,
emotionally, physically and spiritually, you must fully participate
and take personal responsibility for your recovery and well-being
- Healing From the Debilitating Effects of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Through Alternative Methods: Part 1
- I have often been asked how I overcame the debilitating pain,
stiffness and inflammation that wreaks havoc from rheumatoid
arthritis. It's interesting to note that I have successfully remained
- Healing From the Debilitating Effects of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Through Alternative Methods: Part 2
- How I overcame the debilitating pain,
stiffness and inflammation that wreaks havoc from rheumatoid arthritis
continued...: Natural Supplements
- How To Detoxify From Mercury Amalgam Fillings?
- Since Roman times cilantro has
been used as food and medicine. A study by Dr. Yoshiaki Omura from
the Heart Disease Research Foundation, New York, N.Y. has
discovered that the herb cilantro will detoxify mercury from
neural tissue and is used to help stimulate the appetite and
relieves minor digestive irritation. This is a remarkable
discovery. It is a novel technique, which greatly increases our
ability to clear up recurring infections, both viral and
- Himalayan Alexander Crystal Salt - A Gift From Mother Nature
- This is one of the greatest
re-discovery of modern time! Natural Himalayan Alexander Crystal
Salt for a healthy and energetic life!
- Healthy Skin: Nature Is The Best Doctor
- Have you ever heard the saying:
'Healthy skin does not happen by chance?'
- Pau D'Arco (Taheebo) - Immune Power from the Rain Forest
- Are you sick and tired being
sick and tired? Are you asking for a 'last
resort?' Have you ever heard about Pau D'arco or Taheebo (lapacho), in
Latin Tabebuia avellanedae, Tabebuia impetignosa and Tabebuia
heptaphylla from the Amazon region of Argentine and Brazil? In the
Brazilian variation of Portuguese, Pau D'Arco translates as 'Bow
Tree'. This tree is ...
- How is Your Energy?
- What kind of energy are you putting out into the world? We all have an
energy field around us: it is an extension of the energy associated
with our inner thoughts and feelings. You have no doubt had the
experience of entering a room, or a home, where, just before your
arrival, two people were in conflict. Although they may be smiling,
you can feel the tension in the air.
- Energize & Heal Yourself
- Have you ever walked into a room and felt the energy in it? Sensed and
felt the silence and somberness of a library, the buzz and
effervescence of a concert, or the love and joy at a wedding ceremony?
In the 60's and 70's they called it the 'vibe' and now it's referred
to as energy, but ...
- Mexican Wild Yam - The Natural Solution for Menopause and PMS
- In North America, there are an estimated 30-40 million menopausal women and some 20-30 million baby boomer women on the brink of
menopause. Many doctors recommended in the past Hormone Replacement
Therapy for women as they enter menopause stage in their lives and it
has been questioned as to the benefits, but more importantly, its
- Devil's Claw: Your Best Friend For Arthritic Pain
- Millions of people are suffering
from the pain of joint inflammation due to arthritis. In fact,
arthritis has become a major cause of disability due to the
chronic degeneration of the joints as the body ages.
- The Miraculous Neem
- For thousands of years humans have sought to fortify their health and cure various ills with herbal remedies. The search for a true panacea
or cure-all has been undertaken by virtually every civilization. While
hundreds of substances have been tried and tested, few have withstood
modern scientific scrutiny...
- Prevention Is Key To Prostate Health
- Infection, enlargement and cancer are three common problems that
challenge prostate health. According to the Canadian Cancer Society
prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in Canadian
men and it accounts for almost one in four cancer diagnoses...
- Coconut Oil: The Real Truth
- In our western society coconut oil has been given a bad name and many
are under the impression that this oil contains unhealthy saturated
fats and therefore creates clogged arteries and heart problems.
- Cold & Flu Busters: The Natural Approach
- There are many theories as to
how people get colds and flus as there
are treatments. When our immune systems are compromised it is a
challenge to fight these dreadful illnesses.
- Cold & Flu Busters: The Natural Approach, Part II
- As addition to my first article
with the same title I did some further research and would like to
add on more information how to prevent and treat colds & flu.
- Cosmetics To Die For
- In the book '100.000.000 Guinea Pigs' it says 'Dangers in everyday
foods, drugs, and cosmetics, first published January 12, 1933 and the
first paragraph reads: 'The Great American Guinea Pig', a hundred
million Americans act as unwitting test animals in a gigantic
experiment with poisons, conducted by the food, drug, and cosmetic
- Books Recommended by Klaus Ferlow
- Here is a list of books from my
health library recommended for reading
- Herbal Care for Your Hair
- Herbal products care for the body gently, with less risk of
potentially harmful or harsh chemicals and synthetics. Part of a
holistic view of our body's health includes the products that you put
on your hair and skin. The hair needs regular cleansing to remain
healthy and to restore lost oils. Many herbs have been known for their
cleansing, toning and moisturizing properties for centuries.
- Hypnotic Realities: What are yours?
- Are you curious about
hypnotherapy? Do you know there are three major styles of
- We Live and Die by Our Belief Systems
- It's amazing how we have un-consciously accepted limitations from our
families or even society that simply aren't true. These beliefs have
as much weight or power as we choose to give them, yet we often
blindly give up our power to choose with out even noticing it...
- Herbal Tinctures For Pets
Because all plants contain thousands of chemicals with thousands of
biologic activities, dosages can vary and still be effective. With so
many chemicals present one can hardly miss in seeking a single
chemical, even at levels as small as parts per billion that would
contribute to the resolution of an ailment. It is believed that our
bodies like those of pets and domesticated animals can 'reach' into
this herbal potpourri and find at least traces of a compound, which
will help resolve a medical problem.
- Herbs: Vital To A Healthy Balance
Growing up in Northern Germany 'country style', I quickly developed a
love for Mother Nature, especially for flowers, vegetables and
herbs. My family used an almost unlimited amount of herbs in our daily
diet, as well as for healing illnesses. One of our favorite herbs was
the 'stinking rose' garlic, which we considered a wonder herb.
- Are Tooth Whiteners Healthy Or Should They Be Avoided?
- Here is some interesting information about tooth whiteners. Everybody wants a sparkling smile, but do tooth whiteners really work and do no harm to your teeth and gums?
- Neem Toothpaste - The Healthy Solution For Your Teeth & Gums
- Modern toothpaste is a heavy mix
of chemicals and synthetics meant to clean, polish and maintain
healthy teeth and gums. But are those ingredients safe, or even
- Stevia - The Sweetest Substance on Earth
- What is Stevia (stevia
rebaudiana)? It is a small shrub in the Chrysanthemum family
native to portions of Northeastern Paraguay and adjacent sections
of Brazil for over 1500 years used by the Guarani Natives, they
called it ka'a he'e (sweet herbs), as a sweetener in yerba mate
and medicinal teas for treating such conditions as obesity, high
blood pressure, and heartburn. It flourishes in the sandy soil of
this elevated terrain and may grow to a height of 80cm (32inch) and
width of 45-60 cm (18-24inch) when it is fully mature. The whole leaf
contains numerous phytonutrients and trace minerals.
- Think Hemp! For Food, Clothing, Body Care & More
- Think of hemp and many of us
picture a mind-altering weed that has tarnished the reputation of
this otherwise useful herb. Marijuana is the notorious cousin to
hemp and is specifically cultivated for its high levels of THC
(tetrahydrocannabinol), the chemical that gives this famous weed
its psychoactive properties.
- The Truth About Cleansing
- Chemicals and Toxins Are The
Primary Cause of Illness, Disease and Obesity! Cleansing removes
- Candida: The Root Cause Of Many Health Problems. Candida Cleanse
- Do you suffer from fatigue? Foggy thinking? Crave sugar in the form
of sweet foods, candy or alcohol? Crave breads? Have skin problems?
Candida overgrowth can be the cause of these & other symptoms, such as
joint pain, gas, bloating, depression, constipation and diarrhea?? the
list goes on.
- Ginkgo Biloba - The Longevity Herb
- It is also called the Elixir of
Youth - modern medicine from an ancient tree.
- The Healing Power Of Garlic (Allium Sativum)
- Growing up in Northern Germany
- Glossary Of Chemicals & Synthetics To Avoid In Personal Care Products
- These are only 67 of the over
1000 toxic ingredients in personal care products.
- Hawthorn Combo Tincture
- The cardiovascular system is made up of the heart and blood
vessels. Blood is pumped by the heart and circulated throughout the
body via the blood vessels. Cardiovascular disease is the leading
health problem in the Western World and the number one cause of death
in the United States, claiming more than 1 million lives annually.
- Hidden Dangers Lurking In Your Cosmetics And Personal Care Products
- Were you aware that the
cosmetics industry in North America is big business with over
40-50 billion is sales each year?
- How To Prevent Colds & Flu with Elderberry
- For centuries, the berry from
the elderberry tree has been a popular Gypsy remedy for cold, flu,
influenza, and neuralgia.
- Rosa Mosqueta Seed Oil From Chile - A Gift From Mother Nature
- In the pollution free environment of Southern Chile grows a wild rose
the native people call 'rosa mosqueta'. Its scientific name is Rosa
Aff. Rubiginosa. Its flowers are pink in colour and, as the petals
drop, the plant develops a colourful orange red seed pod. When the
seeds of these pods are pressed they release an oil rich in essential
fatty acids, which are in part responsible for rosa mosqueta's
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) - A Powerful Antioxidant
- There is a group of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes called
'Antioxidants' that help to protect the body from the formation of
free radicals. Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms that can
cause damage to cells, impairing the immunity system and leading to
infections and various degenerative diseases such as heart disease,
and cancer. Free radical damage is thought by scientists to be the
basis for the aging process as well.