This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
1 lb Lean ground beef
1 lg Onion, thinly sliced
1 lg Green pepper, finely chopped
1 Clove garlic, peeled and crushed
16 oz Can stewed tomatoes
3/4 c Instant rice
2 1/2 t Chili powder
1 1/2 t Salt
1/8 t Pepper
8 oz Can tomato sauce
1/4 c Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
1. In a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole crumble the ground beef. Add the onion, green pepper and crushed garlic.
2. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 6 minutes or until meat is browned. Stir occasionally to break up the meat.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except the Cheddar cheese. . Mix throughly to combine.
4. Heat, covered, in the Microwave Oven 7 minutes.
5. lf desired, sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top of the meat mixture.
6. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts.