This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
3 1/2 lb Lean lamb neck meat, cut in large cubes
2 Bay leaves
10 Whole black peppercorns
1 t Dried thyme leaves
1 T Salt
1 Clove garlic, peeled and crushed
3 c Water
3 md Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
3 c Potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
6 T Flour
3/4 c Cold water
1. Place lamb, bay leaves, peppercorns, thyme, salt, garlic and the 3 cups water in a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole.
2. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes.
3. Skim any foam that may form.
4. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven for an additional 25 minutes or until lamb is almost tender. Stir occasionally.
5. Add carrots and potatoes and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 20 minutes or until lamb and vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
6. While lamb and vegetables are cooling, combine the 6 table- spoons flour and 3/4 cup water in small bowl.
7. Remove bay leaves and peppercorns from stew.
8. Gradually stir flour mixture into stew and heat 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened and smooth.
Tip: Boneless lamb may be used, however, reduce quantity of meat to 2 1/2 pounds and decrease cooking time in Step 4 to 15 minutes.