This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
2 lb Broiler-fryer chicken, to
3 lb Broiler-fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 c Water
6 Whole peppercorns
2 Bay leaves
2 t Salt
3 Ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut into
8 wedges each 1 md Onion, thinly sliced
10 oz Frozen lima beans, thawed
10 oz Whole kernel corn, thawed
10 oz Frozen okra, thawed and sliced into
1. Wash chicken and pat dry.
2. Place chicken, water, peppercorns, bay leaves and salt in a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole. Stir to combine.
3. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 10 minutes. Stir contents. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven an additional 5 minutes.
4. If desired, remove chicken from bone and cut into 1-inch pieces.
5. Discard bay leaves and peppercorns.
6. Return chicken to broth and add remaining ingredients.
7. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 10 minutes.
8. Uncover and heat an additional 5 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
9. Serve in soup bowls.