This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
3 oz Package cream cheese
1/4 c Roquefort cheese, crumbled
1/4 c Finely chopped walnuts
1/4 t Dry mustard
1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
Crackers or melba toast
1. Place cream cheese in a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 30 seconds or until cheese is soft.
2. Add Roquefort cheese, chopped walnuts, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir to blend.
3. Spread cheese mixture on crackers. Arrange a maximum of 10 canapes on a large paper plate or heat-resistant, non-metallic serving platter lined with a paper or cloth napkin.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 45 seconds to 1 minute or until cheese beggins to melt.
5. Top with a piece of walnut and serve hot.
Variation: Blue cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese or any strong-flavored cheese may be substituted for the Roquefort cheese.