This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
2 1/2 lb Broiler-fryer chicken to
3 lb Broiler-fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
1/4 c Flour
1/2 c Butter or margarine
1 lg Finely chopped onion
2 Cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
3 tb Chopped parsley
3/4 c Red wine
1/2 ts Italian seasoning
8 oz Can tomato sauce
1 ts Dried sweet basil leaves
1 lb Raw, shelled deveined shrimp
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Set aside.
2. In a plastic bag combine salt, pepper and flour. Coat each piece of chicken with seasoned flour.
3. In a large, heat-resistant, non-metallic skillet melt butter on top of a conventional surface unit.
4. Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides until golden brown.
5. Remove chicken pieces and set aside. Add onions and garlic to skillet. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 1/2 minutes or until onion is tender.
6. Add chopped parsley, wine, ltalian seasoning, tomato sauce, and sweet basil to sauted onion mixture. Stir to combine.
7. Add reserved chicken pieces and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
8. Remove chicken pieces and place on serving platter.
9. Add shrimp to wine sauce and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or until sauce bubbles and shrimp turn pink. (Do not overcook shrimp as they will become tough.)
10. Skim any fat from surface of sauce. Pour shrimp sauce over chicken pieces.