This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
1/2 c Seasoned dry bread crumbs,
Fine 1/4 c Grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 lb Boneless chicken breasts
2 Eggs, at room temperature
3 T Olive oil
1 c Shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz Can tomato sauce
1 t Dried Italian seasoning
1/4 t Garlic salt
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. On wax paper combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken breasts first in egg and then in bread crumb mixture until well coated.
2. Heat oil in a large, heat-resistant, non-metallic skillet over high heat on top of a conventional surface unit. Quickly brown coated chicken pieces on both sides.
3. In a small bowl combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Spoon tomato sauce over chicken.
4. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce.
5. Heat, loosely covered with wax paper, in Microwave Oven 5 to 6 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and chicken is tender. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and heat, uncovered in Microwave Oven an additional 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.