This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
3 lb Chicken breasts
1/2 c Finely chopped onion
2 tb Butter
10 1/2 oz Cream of mushroom soup,
Canned, condensed 1 c Milk
1 ts Salt
1/8 ts Pepper
1. Place chicken breasts, skin-side-down in a shallow, heat- resistant, non-metallic, 10-inch baking dish.
2. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 10 minutes. Set chicken aside.
3. In a deep, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, melt 2 table-spoons butter in Microwave Oven 15 seconds.
4. Add onion to melted butter and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 1/2 minutes or until onion is tender.
5. Add soup, milk and seasonings to onions. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
6. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes.
7. Pour sauce over chicken and heat, covered, 6 minutes in Microwave Oven or until chicken is tender.