Generic Name : MULTIVITAMINS
Trade Name(s) : Abdec drops, Adexolin, Aglow, Arachitol, Arcalion , Arovit Drop, Basiton forte, Becadex drops, Becadexamin, Becoplus, Becoplus dry syrup, Becosulest caps, Becozym forte, Bectrion, Benadon, Benalgis, Beneuron, Beneuron forte, Beplex Elixir, Berin, Bestoplexliquid, Bestoplex-ZN, Bethadoxin-12, Betonin, Bevidox, BG Prot, BG Prot Elixir, B-long, BNC, B-N-C, B-vital, Carbex, Cebexin, Cecon drops, Celetta, Celin, Centaplex, Chewcee, Citravite, Cobadex forte, Cobadex forte, Complex-B, Delirex, Dropovit, Ebexid, Eldervit, Elferri, Elsoma, Emvi, Fesovit Elixir ,Folvite, Fourts-B, Glentona, Gromet-Z, Hemiphos, Hovitedrops, Hycibex, I-Vit, Kinetone, Lactovit, LaviestLederplex-T, Limcee, Logical, Manavite, Manavite, Nestosol CZ, Neurobion-H, Neuroxin -12, NVM tablets, Ovista, Plumucod plain, Polybion, Premobion, Pyricontin, Reset, Sanvitone, Sclerobion, Sioplex, Stresscaps, Surbex-T, Tilvit, Vigoron ,Vi-Magna, Vi-Syneral drops, Vitacure, Vitamindon, Winplex forte, Xenex forte, Zincovit, Zinfex, Zinforte, Zinvital
Why it is prescribed: Vitamins are natural substances that your body needs to grow, develop, and function normally. Vitamins are contained in food; a well-balanced diet usually provides all of the vitamins required. However, there are times, such as during pregnancy and childhood, when your body needs more vitamins than usual. During certain illness, your body either cannot get or cannot efficiently use all of the vitamins it needs. Multivitamins are prescribed for patients who need extra vitamins, who cannot eat enough food to obtain the required vitamins, or who cannot receive the full benefit of the vitamins contained in the food they eat.
When it is to be taken: Multivitamins are usually taken once a day. Follow the instructions provided on the label or by your doctor.
How it should be taken: Multivitamins come in the form of regular tablets, chewable tablets, capsules, and oral liquid. If your vitamins come in dropper bottle, use the specially marked dropper to measure each dose. Your doctor will tell you if you need a specific type of vitamin product and how much to take. Some multivitamin preparations do not require a prescription. Ask your doctor for advice in selecting a multivitamin product and follow the instructions on the label carefully.
Special Instruction :
1. Follow your doctor's dietary advice. A well-balanced diet provides adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals for healthy persons.
2. If you forget to take a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if you remember a missed dose near the time you are scheduled to take the next dose, take only the scheduled one. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Side Effects : Slight nausea, unpleasant taste. Take the multivitamins with food or right after eating along with a glass of water.
Other Precautions :
1. Multivitamins are available in high-dose formulations and in combination with iron, calcium, and minerals.
2. Do not take these formulations without your doctor's advice.
Storage Conditions :
1. Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children.
2. Store in a dry place.