This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
5 sl Raw bacon
1 1/2 lb Chicken livers
1 ts Salt
1/8 ts Pepper
2 1/2 tb Flour
1/4 c Finely chopped onion
21 oz Canned chicken giblet gravy
4 oz Sliced mushrooms, drained
1. Place 5 slices of bacon in a 10-inch, heat-resistant, non- metallic skillet. Cover with a paper towel and heat in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
2. Remove bacon and set aside.
3. In a plastic bag combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken livers with seasoned flour and place in hot bacon fat. Add minced onion.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes. Turn chicken livers over and heat an additional 4 minutes or until chicken livers are browned.
5. Add the canned chicken giblet gravy and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 6 minutes.
6. Add mushrooms, stir and heat an additional 1 to 1 1/2 minutes in Microwave Oven.
Tip: If chicken livers begin to pop, pierce them with the tines of a fork before continuing to cook. The popping is just the steam escaping through the thin membrane surrounding the livers.