This article is from the The Young Ones FAQ, by Andrew Wong BritCom@audiophile.com with numerous contributions by others.
Although The Young Ones was based in London (they were all supposedly at a
North London polytechnic), the street scenes were filmed in Bristol,
because Paul Jackson was in Bristol when he was thinking about The Young
* The house is at 1 Coddrington Road, off Broadway Road, Bishopston,
* The train station in Bambi is Bristol Temple Meads.
* The Kebab And Calculator (their local as seen in Boring) is actually
The Cock O' The North in Henleaze, Bristol, though the landlord is
reputed to be a complete b*stard. Interestingly, it's one of only two
round pubs in the UK.
* In Bomb, Rick walks past Coopington Road...
* The police station in Cash is actually the Bristol North Swimming
Baths on Gloucester Road. The army careers office he goes to first is
about 50 yards down the road (and is actually an RSPCA charity shop
now). Both are about 100 yards away from the shop used as a
launderette in Bambi.
* The Swimming Baths also conveniently doubled as the "Fascist Pig
Bank" in Summer Holiday. The getaway car is parked beside a line of
bollards outside what is now the Bristol Flyer pub which is next door
to the baths.
(Just shows the lengths to which this FAQ has been carefully researched ;)