This article is from the sci.lang.translation FAQ, by James Hester (email@example.com) with numerous contributions by others.
sci.lang.translation is an unmoderated newsgroup. It was created in
December 1994 after obtaining a little more than the 100 votes needed
in order to be created. The sci.lang.translation charter, as
originally voted on, is as follows:
The group provides a forum for those interested in the problems,
issues and concerns of translators/interpreters. Examples of topics
appropriate to this group are:
* Automated translation software
* Translation methods
* Membership of professional bodies
* Accreditation of professional translators/interpreters
* International standards for translators/interpreters
* Discussion of dictionaries for a given language pair
* Software for displaying foreign character sets
* Translation requests for passages/words/phrases for a given language
* Reviews of translated works
* Training and education of translators/interpreters
1.2 Can I post resumes and requests for employment to the newsgroup?
Nobody can stop you, but people generally don't seem to like it.
1.3 Can people looking for translators post to the newsgroup?
Nobody has complained yet.