This article is from the Kool-Aid FAQ, by Paul and Bess Dawson-Schmidt firstname.lastname@example.org with numerous contributions by others.
Joe Kool (email@example.com)
1 Packet Kool-Aid Unsweetened Drink Mix Powder
1 Cup Sugar
2 Quarts Water
1 Tablespoon Margarine or Butter (softened)
2 Slices Bread
1. Place margarine and two teaspoons sugar in a very small mixing
bowl or custard dish and set aside.
2. Place remaining sugar and Kool-Aid powder in a large plastic or
glass pitcher and blend thoroughly (keep dry!).
3. Add one teaspoon of Kool-Aid & sugar mixture from pitcher to small
bowl from step 1 and blend until smooth. (This is easiest if the
margarine is very soft.) It'll be grainy, that's OK.
4. Spread onto bread and bake in pre-heated oven at 450F (230C) for
about 5 minutes. Or, broil in toaster-oven on high for about 1
and a half to 2 minutes until very bubbly on top.
5. While the feature item is baking (or broiling), add water to the
pitcher and stir to dissolve. Place in fridge for later :-)
6. Remove Toasted Kool-Aid from oven and kool briefly before serving.
Makes two slices.