This article is from the Final-Fantasy and other Square Soft Games FAQ, by email@example.com (Nick Zitzmann) with numerous contributions by others.
The author would like to thank these people for their help:
- David Powell (David_Powell@brown.edu) for stories and information
about Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure and SaGa III.
- Nicholas Yarymowich (ax164@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) for making a list of
Chrono Trigger endings.
- Tatsushi Nakao (Tatsushi.Nakao@Colorado.EDU) for stories and
information on Rudora no Hihou.
- Chris Killam (firstname.lastname@example.org) for providing information about FF IV
- Aki K. Seiya (email@example.com) for information about the story of
Seiken Densetsu III and info about the Black Market in the same game.
- Rob Vanatta (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Secret of Evermore story.
- My 11th grade Mythology teacher, who taught me a lot of the stuff you
see in the Final Fantasy Glossary below. <8*)
- D.J. Green (email@example.com) for the Final Fantasy V story.
- Io (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest story.
- Laurence Hartje (email@example.com) for mentioning a tip about the
Son of Sun in article 5.1.
- Dan Posluns, for contributing stories for Breath of Fire and Breath of
Fire II, as well as some information about SaGa/FFL III.
- Ian Kelley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for making several
contributions to the Romancing SaGa stories and pointing out a few other
- Gordon Kam (email@example.com) for the Bahamut Lagoon story.
- Alan Kwan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Hanjyuku Hero story.
- The list of FF VI/III Colosseum items was originally by Albert Calis
(aka the All-Mighty Bill, email@example.com).
- Kao Megura (firstname.lastname@example.org) was the author of articles 4.5.4 through
4.5.45, as well as article 4.5.48. He also recommended the strategies
mentioned in article 4.5.47. Wow! That's a lot of FAQs answered. Thanks,
Kao, and good job!
- Arlo (email@example.com) for submitting some info about FF
- NF (firstname.lastname@example.org) for submitting some info about Parasite
- Zach Keene (email@example.com) for some help with Einhander and
the origins of "Seibzehn".
- Ace Jayce (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information regarding the four
- Zak Gillman (email@example.com) for providing information
about the Leviathan.
- The home page of Ohara, Japan, home of Miyamoto Musashi,
<http://www.harenet.or.jp/ohara/>, for information used in the glossary
items about Musashi and Kojiro.
- Larry Leow (firstname.lastname@example.org) for some insight to the origins of
Fei in Xenogears.
- Some of the foreign words in the glossary were confirmed using
AltaVista's translation services at <http://www.altavista.com/>.
- Matthias Lambrecht (email@example.com) for lots of information
about Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, Xenogears, and Final Fantasy III.
- Neal Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) gets the credit for the "open mind
before reading" paragraph in the article 1.1.
- NightShade (Mario.Laubacher@span.ch) and RPGamer for information
regarding Quetzalcoatl, Minotaur, Gato, Gaia, Nouvelle, and Carbuncle in
- Richard Healey (email@example.com) for some help with the origins of
Genji, Id, Anima/Animus, and the real amount of damage which the Aire
Tam Storm attack in FF VII is capable of doing.
- Dan Szymborski (firstname.lastname@example.org) for providing insight into the
origins of Andvari and Asura.
- The information about Cid in the glossary mostly came from
Encyclopedia Brittanica (<http://www.brittanica.com/>).
- Credit for the information about the changes between the Japanese and
USA releases of Final Fantasy VIII goes to Yuzu-chan (YuzurihaX@aol.com)
and Musashi (email@example.com).
- The information about Crescens, Dora, Zeal, and Zeboim in the glossary
came from the Catholic Encyclopedia
- Jon Niehof (firstname.lastname@example.org) for providing some extra information
about changes in Final Fantasy VII.
- Ken Arromdee (email@example.com) for confirming those Xenogears city
names were from the Hebrew calendar, and for the suggestion to move some
- Danos (firstname.lastname@example.org) for pointing out an alternate use of the
- The Dome of the Sky (<http://walt.stcloudstate.edu/Dome/>) is the
source for Regulus in the glossary.
- Chris Foley (email@example.com) for pinpointing the location
of the real-life Ogopogo.
- Daniel Orner (firstname.lastname@example.org) for submitting glossary
information for the anima relics, Aphel Aura, Ether, Kadomony, Malakh,
Soylent, and Zephyr. He also pointed out the reference to Zeboim.
- Richard Dare (email@example.com) for submitting
glossary information for Ifrit, Seraphim, and information about Front
- Jay Decator (DECATJR@aol.com) for submitting glossary information for
Also, thanks to everyone who has submitted minor changes and typo
reports. You know who you are!