This article is from the Recipes Collection, by numerous authors posting those to Usenet. The recipes cover various cuisines and a wide variety of topics, such as appetisers, breads, desserts, entrees, sauces-toppings, side-dishes, etc.). You don't need any cookbooks anymore, as there are hundreds of recipes to choose from.
posted by Josh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chocolaty mint cookie crumbs
* 3 tablespoons (45 mL) melted margarine
* 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
* 1/4 cup (50 mL) cold water
* 2 8-ounce (227 gram) packages cream cheese
* 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
* 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
* 1/4 cup ( 50 mL) crushed peppermint candy, red or green
* 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream, whipped
* 2 47-gram milk chocolate candy bars, chopped finely
Combine crumbs and margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch (23
cm) springform pan. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 minutes.
Soften gelatin in water, then stir over low heat until
dissolved. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing on medium speed with
an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add gelatin, milk and
peppermint candy (reserving a bit of peppermint candy to sprinkle on
the top), and mix until blended. Chill until thickened, but not
set. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate. Pour over crust and smooth
top. Chill until firm. Garnish with additional whipped cream and
sprinkle with crushed peppermints if desired.