This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
1 1/2 lb Lean ground beef
1 t Salt
Few grains pepper 1/4 t Garlic salt
8 oz Can tomato sauce
1 c Creamed cottage cheese
1 c Dairy sour cream
6 Green onions, finely chopped
3 c Cooked egg noodles
3/4 c Grated, sharp cheese
1. Place meat in a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic mixing bowl. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 6 minutes or until meat is browned. Stir occasionally.
2. Drain excess fat.
3. Add salt, pepper, garlic salt and tomato sauce to the meat. Stir to combine.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, onion and cooked noodles.
6. In a 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole alternate layers of noodle mixture and meat mixture, starting with the noodles. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 8 minutes.
7. Sprinkle grated cheese over top of casserole. Heat, uncovered. in Microwave Oven 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.