This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
1 T Vegetable oil
1 Clove garlic, peeled & crushed
1 sm Onion, minced
1 lb Lean ground beef
1/4 lb Bulk pork sausage
16 oz Stewed tomatoes, undrained
16 oz Whole kernel corn, drained
1 1/2 t Salt
1 1/2 t Chili powder
18 Pitted ripe olives
2 Eggs, well beaten
1 c Corn meal
1 c Milk
1 c Grated Cheddar cheese
1. Combine vegetable oil, onion and garlic in a large, heat- resistant, non-metallic mixing bowl; heat, uncovered, in Micro- wave Oven 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
2. Add ground beef and sausage to onion and garlic. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until meat is browned. Stir occasionally.
3. Drain excess fat.
4. Add tomatoes, corn, salt and chili powder to meat mixture. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
5. While meat mixture is cooking, combine eggs, corn meal and milk in a medium-sized bowl. Blend thoroughly. Set aside
6. Pour meat mixture into an 8-inch square, heat-resistant, non- metallic baking dish.
7. Press olives into meat mixture.
8. Spoon corn meal mixture over meat mixture.
9. Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Heat, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melts.