This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
30 Bread croutes 5 cm
Deviled ham paste 1 Onion, finely chopped
2 ts Butter
125 g Cream cheese
1 c Grated cheese
1 Egg yolk
2 ts Chives
1. spread each croute with ham paste
2. saute onions in butter for 2 minutes, allow to cool.
3. beat the cream cheese until smooth, add next 3 ingredients and beat until well combined. spread on top of ham paste.
4. bake at 200 degrees c for 10 minutes or until golden brown and heated. serve immediately.
To Make Croutes
1. cut bread circles from sliced bread with a 5 cm scone cutter.
2. brush both sides of each croute with melted butter and place on scone tray.
3. bake at 200 degrees c for 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning during cooking time. cool and store in an airtight container.