This article is from the Lotus Cars FAQ, by email@example.com (Alan F. Perry) with numerous contributions by others.
From Mike Causer (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Gearchange cables frequently fail
- Hood (convertible top) seals leak
- Accident damage is very expensive to repair
- Avoid the NA model at all costs - totally gutless
- Exhaust pipes seem to give trouble
- Too noisy for high-speed long-distance driving
From Bill Castellano (email@example.com):
As for elan m100 potential problems, i'd add a vote for
the leakage from the roof seals... :-) and since i'm having
them checked this monday, the brake proportioning sensors.
from a severe stop, > 40mph, the brake light warning may appear
if the bp valves are bad. easy check.