This article is from the Sacramento FAQ, by David F. Prenatt, Jr. with numerous contributions by others.
The cities of Sacramento and Folsom have a pluralistic political
structure within the County of Sacramento. For reasons that defy
rational explanation, the City of West Sacramento is often considered
a part of the County of Sacramento, but it is actually located in Yolo
County, west of Sacramento County. For more information about West
Sacramento, see the Yolo County USENET FAQ; see Section 1.5 for
information on how to obtain the Yolo County USENET FAQ.
4.1.1) Who are the elected officials in the City of Sacramento and how can
I reach them?
To obtain the information listed below, readers with a web browser may
visit the Sacramento Mayor/Council Office on the World Wide Web
(<http://www.sacto.org/council.html >). The Sacramento City Hall
houses the offices of the elected officials of the city government in
Sacramento City Hall
915 I St
Sacramento, CA 95814
The individual members of the Sacramento City Council can be reached
at City Hall:
* The Honorable Joe Serna, Mayor of Sacramento
* The Honorable Heather Fargo, Councilmember District 1
* The Honorable Robert Kerth, Vice Mayor of Sacramento/
Councilmember District 2
* The Honorable Steven Cohn, Councilmember District 3
* The Honorable Jimmie Yee, Councilmember District 4
* The Honorable Deborah V. Ortiz, Councilmember District 5
* The Honorable Darrell Steinberg, Councilmember District 6
* The Honorable Robbie Waters, Councilmember District 7
* The Honorable Samuel Pannell, Councilmember District 8
4.1.2) Who are the elected officials in the City of Folsom and how can I
Readers with a web browser may visit the Folsom City Council Home Page
on the World Wide Web (<http://www.maricle.com/folsom/council.html >).