This article is from the Public Radio FAQ, by Rich Kulawiec email@example.com with numerous contributions by others.
All Things Considered Commentary Guidelines
(courtesy of Ori Hoffer, transcript guru)
The following are guidelines for submitting commentaries for
- Send a sample tape on cassette.
- Include up to three commentaries on the tape.
- Each commentary should be between 2 to 3 minutes in length--
approximately 250 words. Occasionally we accept pieces that
are shorter or longer.
- The tape does not have to be broadcast quality. If we
decide to use your commentary, we will arrange to have it
- If the subject matter of your commentary is timely, please
indicate this on your package.
- Scripts should be included.
- Tapes and manuscripts will be returned if you send us a
self-addressed, stamped padded envelope. Manuscripts will be
returned if you include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Payment for commentaries that air is $150.00.
- Send your tapes to: Commentaries, All Things Considered,
National Public Radio, 635 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington,
- You will receive a response within approximately 6 weeks.
Thanks for your interest in All Things Considered and please