This article is from the comp.sys.acorn FAQ, by Paul Vigay with numerous contributions by others.
The answer to this is a list that is maintained by Gavin Wraith (firstname.lastname@example.org). Accordingly updates, corrections and other comments should all be sent to him.
April 2000 This is a (necessarily partial) list of freely available programming languages and programming tools for Acorn Risc OS computers. Some of the items are in the public domain, some are not. I am well aware that many of the items are also available in many other places. I will be grateful to receive emendations and further items. Remember that hensa is mirrored at ftp://ftp.doc.ic.ac.uk/computing/systems/archimedes/collections/hensa/
*** Further information
* Imperative Languages
* Object Oriented Languages
* Declarative Languages
* ARM Object Code Assemblers
* AOF Tools
* Higher Education National Software Archive (Hensa).
* List of free compilers and interpreters maintained by D.Sharnoff and A.Robenalt, and regularly posted to comp.compilers. Do not expect to find anything specifically for ARM machines.
* Acorn FAQ.
* Compiler tools.
*** Imperative Languages
- ADA bytecode interpreter from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/c/c052
- ADA GNAT 3.01 compiler from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e095
- ALGOL 68S from ftp://ftp.cs.man.ac.uk/pub/chl/A68S
- AWK - Aho, Weinberger and Kernighan's text-processing language from http://awk.riscos.org.uk
- CHARM from David Pilling
- ICON 9.1 By ftp from ftp:cs.arizona.edu or http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e116
- G77 0.5.19 GNU FORTRAN from ftp://ftp.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/pub/tsh/fortran.zip or from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e167
- GCC GCC 2.7.2 GNU C, C++, Objective C Compiler, release 1.0.7 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b013
- LUA - prize-winning extension language from http://lua.riscos.org.uk/
- OBERON POT 1.33 (Portable Oberon Translator) from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/d/d132
- PASCAL PC 4.09 Norcroft DDE Compiler from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a122
- PASCAL GPC 1.0.2 - Gnu Pascal Compiler from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e168
- PERL 5.01 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a049
- PYTHON 2.2 from http://www.schwertberger.de/python.html
- RLAB 1.25 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e022
- TCL 7.4 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e057
*** Object Oriented Languages
- ARMBOB 2.1 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b178
- GC++ GNU C++ 2.7.2 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b013
- GNUST 1.1.1 Smalltalk-80 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/c/c045
- GRS from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b062
- LITTLEST 0.0 Little Smalltalk from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a102
- OBJECTIVE C GNU 2.7.2 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b013
- SATHER ISCI Sather 1.1 - Mail to Peter Naulls
- SQUEAK Smalltalk 2.7 - now includes sockets, web server and browser. From http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/squeak.html
*** Declarative Languages
- BIBPROLOG 3.30 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/d/d005
- GOFER 2.30a (GoOd For Equational Reasoning) from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a262 See comp.lang.functional FAQ.
- HOPE 4.02a from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a139
- HUGS 98 - latest version of Haskell Users Gofer System from http://shiell.cjb.net/files/hugs98-src-riscos.zip
- HUGS 1.3 (Haskell Users Gofer System) from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/d/d041 See comp.lang.functional FAQ.
- HU-PROLOG 1.62 Humboldt University Prolog from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e062
- MOSML 1.42 - Moscow ML port by Andrew Hunter from http://www.geocities.com/~cfsfcpage/
- OCAML 2.00 - Objective CAML port by David Fletcher from http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/djf/ocaml/
- SML 4.0.01 Edinburgh Interpreter from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a216
- AFORTH 0.70 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a293
- FORTHMACS 3.1 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/c/c073
- TILEFORTH 2.1 Portable C implementation from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a111
- WIMPFORTH 1.0 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e096
- CLISP 01.01 Common Lisp from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/c/c189
- FOOLSLISP 1.3 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/c/c162
- GNU SCHEME from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b105
- SIOD 2.90 (Scheme In One Defun) from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a275. Also see George Carrette's site.
- XLISP 1.60 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a103
- XLISP+ from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b076
*** ARM AOF Assemblers
- AOFLIB 0.07 create AOF files with the Basic Assembler. From http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/e/e108
- AS 1.26b from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a132
- ASM 2.01 from Plasma Sphere BBS (tel.+44 1925 757920/1)
- EXTASM 1.00 from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b120
- TLA 0.2a (The Last Assembler) from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a119
*** AOF Tools
- ADDFILE 0.05 from Plasma Sphere BBS (tel.+44 1925 757920/1). Embed data in AOF files.
- DECAOFB 1.00 - decode AOF files. From http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/d/d038
- DRLINK 0.28 Linker from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/b/b071 and from Plasma Sphere BBS (tel.+44 1925 757920/1).
- MAKEALF 1.03 - tools for Chunk files. From http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/d/d039
- J 6.2 (APL-like language) from http://www.mirror.ac.uk/micros/arch/riscos/a/a165