This article is from the comp.sys.acorn FAQ, by Paul Vigay with numerous contributions by others.
Like RISC OS 3.6, RISC OS 3.7 is primarily changed behind the scenes and is an incremental improvement of the OS. The changes mostly have been geared towards rendering the OS StrongARM compatible. Here is the list :-
* Autodetection of processor type enhanced to detect and cater for ARM6 and better processors up to the StrongARM
* Memory handling has been moved into the kernel, away from the Window manager. This not only speeds up task switching but now means the kernel is now aware of multiple applications.
* FileSwitch supports 2048 byte buffers, useful for CDFS.
* The Font Manager is now capable of blending anti-aliased fonts to a variable colour background. Improving the readability of fonts displayed over colour images. (Like Web pages, say. :) )
* An improved Internet module is supplied in ROM.
* A StrongARM compatible Econet module is supplied in ROM.