This article is from the Stop Smoking FAQ, by firstname.lastname@example.org with numerous contributions by others.
[This was posted to AS3 so long ago that the source has been lost. If
anyone knows where this is from, please e-mail email@example.com.]
* Lung Cancer risk increases roughly 50 to 100 percent for each
cigarette you smoke per day;
* Heart Disease risk increases roughly 100 percent for each pack of
cigarettes you smoke per day;
* Switching to filter-tip cigarettes reduces the risk of Lung Cancer
roughly 20 percent, but does not affect the risk of Heart Disease;
* Smokers spend 27 percent more time in the hospital and more than twice
as much time in intensive care units as nonsmokers;
* Each cigarette costs the smoker 5 to 20 minutes of life;
* A smoker is at twice the risk of dying before age 65 as a non-smoker!!