This article is from the Depression FAQ, by Cynthia Frazier with numerous contributions by others.
This list is a shortened version of one compiled and maintained by Sylvia Caras. It is posted periodically to ThisIsCrazy-L (see below for subscription information) If you would like to suggest additions for this list, contact <firstname.lastname@example.org> To suggest additions to this list for the Alt.support.depression FAQ, send them to email@example.com.
* News groups:
alt.support.depression alt.support.phobias sci.psychology sci.med sci.med.psychobiology
* Internet Health Resources is an extensive listing of medical resources available over the internet.
ftp2.cc.ukans.edu cd pub/hmatrix get file medlst03.txt or medlst03.zip.
* An FTP site at Temple University containing articles related to depression
ftp 184.108.40.206 cd/pub/psych
* ThisIsCrazy is an electronic action and information letter for people who experience moods swings, fright, voices, and visions (People Who). To subscribe, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with this command in the body of the message: subscribe ThisIsCrazy-L
* Pendulum is a mailing list for people diagnosed with bipolar mood disorder (manic depression) and related disorders and their supporters, and some professionals. To subscribe to pendulum, send a message to email@example.com containing the line subscribe pendulum
* Walkers-in-Darkness is a list for people diagnosed with various depressive disorders (unipolar, atypical, and bipolar depression, S.A.D., related disorders). The list also includes sufferers of panic attacks and Borderline Personality Disorder. Please, no researchers trying to study us, etc. (Postings are copyrighted by individual posters.)
To subscribe to walkers or walkers-digest, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the line "subscribe walkers" or, for the digest, "subscribe walkers-digest". There is an anonymous FTP site at ftp.std.com in ~/pub/walkers, that includes a technical FAQ.
* To subscribe to the Mailbase list psychiatry send the command SUBSCRIBE psychiatry <your name> to email@example.com