This article is from the Ergonomics and Typing Injury FAQ, by Dan Wallach email@example.com with numerous contributions by others.
Holliston, MA. Phone: 800-251-2225.
Makes a nice sounding chair described below by Francis Favorini
It's called the Executive Ergotech and lists for US $695-795
depending on whether you get the high back and/or articulating arms.
I got both. It has every adjustment you could want:
1. Pneumatic seat height (5" range)
2. Forward seat tilt - chair can be allowed to tilt both forward
and backward or just backward.
3. Tilt lock - chair can be locked at any tilt angle or float
4. Tilt tension - controls recline tension, when tilt not locked.
5. Backrest angle (relative to seat)
6. Backrest height
7. Lumbar support - self-inflating air cushion which can be
8. Armrest width - how far apart armrests are. (5-6" range)
9. Armrest height - 4 positions.
10. Armrest swivel - 3 positions (straight, angled io/out), also can
rotate freely if desired.
11. Articulating armrests (optional) - "This is an exclusive
Backsaver feature." -they say. Works well. Basically you can
release the armrests so that they support your arms as you move
them throughout the area of an approximately 9" radius circle
(parallel to the plane of the seat). By locking part of the
mechanism you can change this to 4" radius. I use this for
+ Armrests are padded and sculptured.
+ Seat is nicely sculptured, with waterfall front edge.
+ Base is plastic with 5 casters.
+ Other parts are plastic or metal. I give construction an A-.
+ Comes in four colors: Navy, Black, Grey, Burgundy.
+ Fabric appears to be a synthetic with coarse weave. Looks
+ Controls are well-labeled.
+ Regular seatback is 24"; high is 30".
+ Educational discount is available. (about 20%)
They have a nice color glossy catalog with some other stuff in it.
There are some good pictures of the chair, if someone wants to scan
them. The description is a little skimpy, though. When I ordered the
chair, they said 4 weeks for delivery. 5 weeks later when I called to
find out where it was, they told me it was on back order, and I
wouldn't get it for 3 more weeks. It then arrived more or less on