This article is from the Backgammon FAQ, by Mark Damish firstname.lastname@example.org with numerous contributions by others.
FIBS Command Help Summary. (One liners)
* about - display information about the server
* accept - accepting doubles and resigns
* address - make your email address known to other users.
* autologin - how the tinymud style autologin feature works
* average - show average number of users
* away - leaving a message for other users before leaving the
* back - back again after the away command was used
* beaver - offering an instant redouble that is a beaver
* beginner - very short introduction to the server
* blind - Stop people from watching you.
* board - displays the board again
* boardstyle - the various boardstyles
* bye - leave the first internet backgammon server. Aliases for bye
include: adios, ciao, tschoe, end, exti, logout, and quit.
* client - one way to use a client
* cls - clear the screen on a vt100 terminal
* commands - how commands are entered.
* complaints - how to complain about cheaters
* countries - where do the players live
* crawford - The Crawford rule
* date - equivalent to the time command
* dicetest - show statistics about the dice
* double - Ship that cube!
* erase - How and why accounts are erased
* formula - The formulas used to calculate rating changes
* gag - Inhibit yourself from hearing a players shouts etc...
* help - help on different topic
* hostnames - how to interpret hostnames given by the who command
* invite - invite another user to play a game of backgammon
* join - accept an invitation from another player
* kibitz - talking to players and watchers
* last - Display information about login times
* leave - leave and save a game
* look - Take a short look at a game
* man - alias for help
* message - Leave a message for a user
* motd - Display the message of the day
* move - Moving pieces on the board
* names - name completion
* off - bear off pieces with every possible move
* oldboard - Display the board of a saved game.
* oldmoves - Display the moves of a saved game.
* otter - Offering an instant redouble that is an otter
* panic - save a game to a special file
* password - change password
* pip - Display pip count
* raccoon - Offering an instant redouble that is a raccoon
* ratings - Display information from the rating list
* rawboard - how to interpret the raw board output
* rawwho - A version of the who command for client programs.
* redouble - accepting doubles by redoubling
* reject - Drop a double. Reject a resignation.
* resign - resign a game
* roll - roll the dice
* rules - The basic rules of backgammon
+ rule1 - how the board looks like
+ rule2 - the direction you move pieces
+ rule3 - the goal of the game
+ rule4 - rolling the dice
+ rule5 - moving pieces
+ rule6 - moving pieces
+ rule7 - bearing off pieces
+ rule8 - winning
+ rule9 - doubling
* save - save your current toggle settings
* say - talk to your opponent
* screen - how to tell FIBS about your screen
* set - how to set variables that are not toggles
* shout - say something to all users
* show - Display information
* shutdown - shutdown the server (privileged users)
* sortwho - how the 'who' command sorts it's output
* stat - display system usage information about the server
* tell - say something to a specific player
* time - display the current time
* timezones - How the server supports different timezones
* tinyfugue - a few hints on using the TinyFugue client
* toggle - display or change the value of toggles
+ toggle-allowpip - Enable/Disable the servers `pip' command.
+ toggle-autoboard - Enable/Disable automatic board redraws.
+ toggle-autodouble - Enable/Disable Auomatic doubles on the
+ toggle-automove - Enable/Disable Automatic movement of forced
+ toggle-bell - Enable/Disable the bell in talking or invites.
+ toggle-crawford - Enable/Disable Crawford. Both players need
+ toggle-double - Enable/Disable automatic rolling.
+ toggle-greedy - Enable/Disable automatic bearoffs if
+ toggle-moreboards - Redraw every move, or every move and
+ toggle-moves - Enable/Disable listing of moves at end of
+ toggle-notify - Enable/Disable server notification of players
logging in and out.
+ toggle-ratings - Enable/Disable the display of the rating
+ toggle-rawboard - Replaced by set boardstyle
+ toggle-ready - Toggles wether you are ready to play games.
+ toggle-report - Enable/Disable server messages when other
players start or finish a match.
+ toggle-silent - Enable/Disable hearing players shouts.
+ toggle-telnet - Toggles extra newlines.
+ toggle-wrap - Toggles whether you or the server wraps lines
larger than 80 charactors.
* unwatch - stop watching a player
* version - display version number of the server
* watch - watch a player
* wave - wave goodbye before leaving to players who receive shouts
* where - display full hostnames
* whisper - say something to watchers of a game
* who - display information about currently logged in users
* whois - Display information about a player
* !! - repeat the last command
[Last updated June 1995. Are there any missing commands?]
For more detailed information on FIBS commands, type ``help'' at the
while on FIBS or check out Michael Quinn's Guide to FIBS at: