This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
2 tb Butter or margarine
3 md Leeks, carefully washed and minced
1 md Onion, minced
2 c Potatoes, finely diced
(about 2 large potatoes) 4 c Chicken broth
1 c Half and half
Salt to taste White pepper to taste
1. ln a deep, 2 1/2-quart to 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds. Add leeks and onions. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven an additional 3 minutes.
2. Add diced potatoes and chicken broth to butter-leek mixture. Heat, covered, 15 to 18 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
3. Press mixture through a sieve or electric blender till smooth.
4. Return mixture to heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole and gradually stir in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste
5. Heat, covered, 4 minutes or until soup is very hot.