This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
1 Clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1/4 c Flour
1 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
3 T Vegetable oil
2 lb Boneless veal, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 (1-inch strips) lemon peel
1 c Boiling water
1/2 t Sage
Few grains cayenne pepper 1 c Heavy cream
2 T Finely chopped parsley
1. In a heat-resistant, non-metallic 10-inch skillet, heat 3 table-spoons oil on top of a conventional surface unit.
2. While oil is heating, combine flour, salt and pepper in a paper or plastic bag.
3. Coat veal pieces with seasoned flour.
4. Add crushed garlic to hot oil.
5. Brown coated veal pieces in hot oil.
6. When veal pieces are browned, add boiling water, lemon peel, sage and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
7. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 15 minutes or until veal is tender.
8. Remove lemon peel and stir cream into veal mixture gradually.
9. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven, an additional 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.