This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
3 lb Rolled veal roast
Garlic cloves, peeled (opt) Pepper (optional) Salt (optional)
1. Invert a heat-resistant, non-metallic saucer or small casserole cover in the bottom of a shallow non-metallic baking dish. (The saucer keeps the meat out of the fat as it cooks. )
2. Place roast fat-side-down on the saucer.
3. Rub meat with garlic and pepper if desired. q. Heat, uncovered, for half of the cooking time given in the chart below.
5. Drain pan juices and reserve if gravy is to be made. Turn meat over, cover loosely with wax paper or paper toweling and heat for remainder of the cooking time.
6. Let roast stand covered in aluminum foil 15 to 30 minutes or until appropriate internal temperature is reached. DO NOT PLACE THERMOMETER OR ALUMINUM FOIL IN THE MICROWAVE OVEN.
7. If necessary, return roast to Microwave Oven for a few minutes until desired internal temperature is reached.
8. Salt meat after cooking, if desired.
Rare 6 minutes per pound Medium 7 minutes per pound Well-done 8 minutes per pound