This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
2 16 oz cans sweet potatoes
14 oz Can pineapple tidbits in
Unsweetened juice, undrained 4 T Butter or margarine
4 T Dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 c Miniature marshmallows
Butter or margarine
1. Drain potatoes and discard liquid. Drain pineapple and set pineapple and juice aside.
2. In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl, melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
3. Place potatoes in medium-sized bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork.
4. Add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
Stir in pineapple juice until desired consistency is reached. Fold in pineapple tidbits and marshmallows.
6. Butter a shallow, 1 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole and spoon potato mixture into casserole.
7. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 6 minutes or until
potato mixture is heated through and marshmallows begin to melt.