This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
12 lg Fresh mushrooms
3 T Butter or margarine
Salt and pepper 1/4 c Butter or margarine
1/8 c Finely chopped onion
1 T Flour
1/2 c Heavy cream
1/4 c Chopped parsley
1/4 c Grated Swiss cheese (opt)
1. Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth. Carefully remove stems and set aside.
2. In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl or cup melt 3 tablespoons butter or margarine in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
3. Brush mushroom caps with melted butter or margarine and place, hollow-side-up, in a shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish. Sprinkle mushroom caps with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Finely chop reserved mushroom stems.
5. In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds. Add onions and chopped mushroom stems; stir to combine.
6. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or until onions and mushrooms are tender. Blend in flour until smooth.
7. Gradually stir in heavy cream until smooth.
8. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened and smooth.
Stir in chopped parsley.
9. Fill each mushroom cap with some of mushroom mixture.
10. If desired, sprinkle a little grated Swiss cheese over each stuffed mushroom (refrigerate if not going to serve them at this time).
11. Heat, uncovered, in a heat-resistant, non-metallic pie pan in Microwave
Oven 3 minutes just before serving. (lf refrigerated, heating will take an additional 1 minute. )