This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
4 6 oz baked potatoes
2 T Butter or margarine
3/4 c Milk
1 Egg, slightly beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste 1/2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Allow potatoes to stand at room temperature 2 to 3 minutes after baking.
2. Cut a thin slice from the top of each potato. , Caution: potato will be hot.
3. With a spoon, remove the potato pulp from each potato, leaving a thin shell.
4. Mash potato pulp with a fork or potato masher.
5. Add butter, milk, egg, salt, pepper and cheese. Whip potato mixture with a rotary beater or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
6. Spoon mixture into shells and sprinkle with paprika.
7. Place potatoes on a paper plate and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes.
8. If desired, after cooking in Microwave Oven, potatoes may be placed
under the broiler unit of a conventional oven to brown for a few minutes. Transfer from paper plate before browning.