This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
2 T Vegetable oil
4 Pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
(about 2 lb) Salt and pepper 1/2 c Thinly sliced onion
16 oz Can sauerkraut, undrained
1/2 t Caraway seeds
1 Tart apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 c Water
1. In a heat-resistant, non-metallic skillet, heat oil on a conven-tional surface unit until hot.
2. Sear pork chops on both sides until browned.
3. Sprinkle chops lightly with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain any excess fat.
4. Arrange onion and sauerkraut over pork chops.
5. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle caraway seeds over sauerkraut and arrange apple slices on top.
7. Add water and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven an additional 5 minutes or until pork chops are fork-tender. Pork should always be cooked to well-done. Tip: If a heat-resistant, non-metallic skillet is not available, any skillet may be used for browning, and the seared chops may be transferred to a shallow, 1 1/2-quart or 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole after Step