This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
Butter or margarine 24 oz Frozen sole fillets
2 T Finely chopped green onion
Or shallots Salt and pepper 3/4 c Dry white wine
4 T Butter or margarine
2 T Flour
1 c Light cream or milk
4 1/2 oz Can medium-sized shrimp, rinsed and drained Chopped parsley
1. Butter a shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish lightly.
2. Place frozen fish fillets in baking dish and heat, covered. in Microwave Oven 2 minutes.
3. Separate fish fillets and arrange in baking dish. Sprinkle fish with chopped green onion, salt and pepper to taste. Pour wine over the fish. Heat, covered with clear plastic wrap, in Microwave Oven 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste fish several times during heating.
4. Place cooked fish on a heat-resistant. non-metallic serving platter and set aside. Reserve liquid.
5. In a small, heat-resistant. non-metallic bowl, melt the 4 tablespoons butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
6. Blend in flour until smooth.
7. Gradually stir in cream until smooth.
8. Return sauce to Microwave Oven and heat, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened and smooth. Stir occasionally. Set sauce aside.
9. Return reserved fish liquid to Microwave Oven and heat. uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until liquid has been reduced to 1/2 cup.
10. Stir fish liquid and shrimp into reserved sauce until well blended.
11. Spoon shrimp sauce over fish. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
12. Garnish with chopped parsley.