This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
2 T Butter or margarine
8 oz Can oysters or
1/2 pt Shucked oysters
Milk 1/8 t Celery salt
Few grains cayenne pepper Paprika
1. Melt butter or margarine in a deep, 1-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
2. While butter or margarine is melting, drain oysters and reserve liquid.
3. Add drained oysters to butter or margarine and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes or until edges of oysters are curled.
4. Pour oyster liquid into a 2-cup heat-resistant, non-metallic measuring cup, and add enough milk to measure 1 1/2 cups.
5. Add milk mixture to oysters with celery salt and cayenne pepper.
6. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or until serving temperature is reached.
7. Sprinkle with paprika and serve in soup bowls with crackers.