This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
3 sl Raw bacon
8 oz Can minced clams, undrained
1 1/2 c Peeled and cubed potatoes
1/3 c Finely chopped onion
1 md Carrot, diced
2 T Flour
1 1/2 c Milk
1 c Light cream
1 t Salt
1/8 t Pepper
1/4 t Dried thyme leaves
1. Place bacon in a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole.
2. Heat, covered with a paper towel, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
3. Remove cooked bacon with a slotted spoon. Crumble bacon and set aside. Reserve drippings in casserole.
4. Drain liquid from clams and add liquid to bacon drippings. Set clams aside.
5. Add potatoes, onion and carrot to casserole.
6. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stir occasionally.
7. Blend flour into vegetable mixture.
8. Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
9. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until thickened and smooth.
10. Stir in cream, salt, pepper, thyme and reserved clams.
11. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until heated through.
12. Garnish with crumbled bacon before serving.