This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by famous and also anonymous cooks
2 sl Bacon, finely diced
1 sm Onion, finely chopped
1 c Finely chopped celery
3 T Flour
2 c Tomato juice or
2 c Vegetable juice cocktail
8 oz Bottle clam juice
8 oz Can minced clams, undrained
1/4 t Ground thyme leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a deep, 2 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole place diced bacon. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
2. Add chopped onion and celery and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Blend flour into vegetable mixture and stir until smooth, Add vegetable cocktail gradually, stirring until smooth. Add remaining ingredients,
4. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes. Stir.
5. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven an additional 10 minutes.
6. Adjust seasonings if necessary.