This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
3 c Tomato juice or
3 c Vegetable juice cocktail
2 pk Instant beef broth or
2 Beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
2 md Ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 c Chopped green pepper
1/4 c Chopped onion
1/4 c Wine vinegar or cider vinegr
2 T Olive oil
1 t Salt
1 t Worcestershire sauce
dr (few) Tabasco sauce, to taste
1 Clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Chopped green pepper
1. Place tomato juice in a non-metallic soup tureen or a deep. 2 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole and heat. un- covered, in Microwave Oven 6 minutes or until boiling.
2. Stir in bouillon cubes until dissolved. Add the 2 chopped tomatoes, the 1/4 cup green pepper, the 1/4 cup onion, vinegar, oil, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and garlic.
3. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes.
4. Serve accompanied by croutons and chopped tomato, cucumber, onion and green pepper.
5. Serve either hot or cold.