This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
2 T Butter
1/4 c Finely chopped onion
2 T Dark brown sugar
1/8 t Pepper
1/2 t Salt
2 T Prepared mustard
1/2 c Catsup
3 c Sauerkraut, drained
1 lg Apple, pared, cored & choppd
2 t Carraway seeds
3 lb Spareribs, cut into ribs
1. In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl, heat butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
2. Add onion, brown sugar, pepper, salt, mustard, and catsup.
3. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes.
4. In a 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, place sauerkraut, apple and carraway seeds. Stir to combine thoroughly.
5. Dip each sparerib into sauce and place on top of sauerkraut. Pour remaining barbecue sauce over the top. Heat, covered in Microwave Oven 15 to 18 minutes. Pork should always be cooked to well-done.