This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
1 md Head cauliflower
2 T Water
1/4 t Salt
1 T Flour
1/2 c Milk
1 T Butter
1/2 c Grated sharp Cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Wash cauliflower and separate into flowerets.
2. Place flowerets and water in a deep, 1 1/2-quart, heat- resistant, non-metallic casserole.
3. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 7 to 9 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl melt butter, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 15 seconds.
5. Blend in flour and salt. Stir till smooth. Gradually add milk.
6. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven for 1 minute. Stir. Heat an additional 1 1/2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and smooth. Stir occasionally.
7. Stir grated cheese into sauce.
8. Pour sauce over cauliflower and heat, uncovered, in Micro- wave Oven 1 minute or until cauliflower is heated through.
9. Sprinkle paprika over sauce before serving.