This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
1/2 c Urad dal
1/2 Moong dal
1 c Yogurt
Spice to taste (cumin and Paprika) Oil for frying
1/4 c Milk
1. Clean dal, wash and soak in water for 4 hours.
2. Blend in blender at medium speed using minimum water to keep paste moving freely.
3. Add salt and start heating oil.
4. Drop spoonfuls of batter in hot oil using a large tbsp. Fry till golden brown.
5. Drop in water. Let it soak till ready to serve.
6. Beat yogurt with milk. Add spice according to taste. Squeeze out water from the vada and add yogurt.
Recipe By : Somesh Rao