This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
1/4 c Butter or margarine
1/2 c Finely chopped onion
20 oz Frozen chopped spinach
1/2 t Salt
1/8 t Pepper
1/4 t Nutmeg
6 oz Cream cheese, at room temp.
1. In a small heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
2. Add onions and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Stir occasionally.
3. Cook spinach. Drain well.
4. Combine browned onion, spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cream cheese in a shallow, 1 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole. If desired, add milk to make a thinner mixture.
5. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.