This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
1/2 lb Frozen scallops
1 tb Butter or margarine
1 tb Finely chopped onion
1 1/2 ts Lemon juice
1/4 ts Salt
Few leaves dried marjoram, -crushed ds Paprika 6 tb White wine
4 oz Can mushroom stems & pieces, drained
3 tb Butter or margarine
2 tb Flour
1/2 c Heavy cream
1 ts Finely chopped parsley
1. If scallops are frozen, partially defrost according to package directions.
2. In a deep, 1 1/2-quart,heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole place the 1 tablespoon butter or margarine and onion. Heat, uncovered. in Microwave Oven 1 minute or until onion is tender.
3. Add scallops. lemon juice, salt, marjoram, paprika and wine. Stir to combine. Heat. covered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and heat. covered. in Microwave Oven 1 minute or until scallops are tender. Do not overcook scallops as they will become tough.
5. Drain liquid and reserve. Set scallops and liquid aside.
6. Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a small heat- resistant. non-metallic bowl in Microwave Oven 30 seconds. Blend in flour.
7. Gradually stir in reserved scallop liquid and cream.
8. Heat, uncovered in Microwave Oven 2 minutes or until thickened and smooth. Stir in parsley.
9. Combine reserved scallop mixture and sauce. Spoon mixture into 4 serving shells or small non-metallic ramekins.
10. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes. If browning is desired, place under broiler of conventional oven several minutes or until lightly browned.