This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
1 Clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
1 lb Swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 c Flour
1/4 t Salt
Few grains pepper 1/4 t Ground nutmeg (optional)
1 1/2 c Dry white wine
2 T Kirsch (optional)
French bread,cut in 1" cubes
1. Rub the insides and bottom of a deep, 1 1/2-quart heat- resistant, non-metallic casserole or heat-resistant, non-metallic fondue pot with garlic. Discard garlic.
2. Combine cheese, flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg in the prepared dish. Add wine and mix well.
3. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 6 minutes stirring during last half of cooking time.
4. If cheese is not completely melted, heat an additional 30 to 60 seconds. If desired, stir in kirsch.
5. Spear squares of French bread with fondue forks or regular forks and dip in fondue.
6. If necessary, fondue pot may be placed on a warmer stand over low heat or returned to Microwave Oven to reheat fondue.